Thank you for visiting the POWERPOOR TOOLKIT, which has been developed within the frame of the Horizon 2020 EU funded project POWERPOOR “Empowering Energy Poor Citizens through Joint Energy Initiatives”.
POWERPOOR is implemented by a consortium led by EPU NTUA, who is also responsible for safely storing and processing your data in compliance with the GDPR.
Types of personal information we collect
POWERPOOR TOOLKIT collects personal information that you voluntarily provide to become a registered user of the platform, and when you use certain aspects of it, such as the vulnerability and behaviour assessments.
In this context, the information collected from the POWERPOOR TOOLKIT falls under the following categories:
- Personal information: This set of information will be directly provided by you and include personal details such as email, country and city of living, age, income, children and marital status.
- Vulnerability Assessment information: The second set of information collected will be based on your behaviour regarding electricity and heat consumption, in order to support the identification of people suffering from energy poverty and it includes information such as Property Size, Type of building, Number of floors, Build Year, Electricity Supplier, Annual Electricity Consumption, Annual Cost of Electricity Bill, Degree of Air Conditioning Thermostat, Heating Fuel, Annual Heat Consumption, Annual Cost of Heating Bill, Thermal Comfort, Electric appliances and heating consumption.
- Behaviour Assessment information: The third set of information collected will be based on your behaviour regarding the energy usage, in order to facilitate behaviour change and support you in the implementation of energy efficiency measures and includes information such as Property Size, Number of household members, Electricity supplier.
Use of personal information that we collect
POWERPOOR TOOLKIT collects only the necessary information related to your activity within the platform in order to identify energy poor people, motivate them in changing their behaviour in terms of energy use and inspire them to implement energy efficiency measures. You will create an account with your email that will be referenced and tracked across the various tools and interactions between you and the POWERPOOR TOOLKIT.
Tracking analytics information will be collected via Google Analytics. In order to understand how visitors perceive a specific page or file and analyse the effectiveness of the website, the POWERPOOR toolkit uses the Google Analytics service from Google Corporation Inc. which collects the necessary data.
Sharing of personal information that we collect
POWERPOOR is a community project. To provide the POWERPOOR TOOLKIT and its respective services to you, a consortium of organizations is cooperating. Within the distributed consortium service architecture, your personal information will only be exchanged, if this is necessary to provide you with the respective POWERPOOR TOOLKIT services. This will be done, for example, during the matchmaking service and during the implementation of the pilot countries. Moreover, POWERPOOR TOOLKIT does not sell or lease the collected personal information to any third party.
Storage and deletion of personal information that we collect
Any personal information you are providing to us using the services of the POWERPOOR TOOLKIT is stored in servers owned by NTUA and located in the EU. This personal information will be maintained only for as long as necessary for us to comply with our contractual obligations to the funding authority of POWERPOOR, namely the Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME) of the European Commission, and no longer than 5 years from POWERPOOR completion
To delete any information associated to you, you may deactivate your account. This will result in deleting your personal account and as such all personally identifiable information assigned to the relevant email. If you would like us to delete, suspend, or correct your information or if you would like to receive details on your saved information, you may also contact us with a relevant request. We will use economically justifiable efforts to honour your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records if required by mandatory law.
Security of personal information that we collect
POWERPOOR TOOLKIT takes information security seriously and uses reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect.
Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities (the respective Data Protection Authority).
You have a number of rights, which you can exercise at any time. In particular, you have the:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information, including the purpose for which we are processing this information, the period that we will retain it and with whom we will share it.
- Right of access: You have the right to ask from us to confirm whether we are processing personal information concerning you. Where that is the case, you can access your personal information that we are processing and relevant supplementary information.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request from us modifications to your personal information in case you believe that it is not up to date, complete or accurate.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information that we are processing.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request from us to restrict the processing of your personal information, with a view to limiting the way that we use this information.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to ask for your personal information to be provided back to you or transferred to a third party.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to us processing your personal information at any time for reasons related to your particular situation.
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
To exercise your rights, please contact email@example.com. Please keep in mind that you also have the right to lodge a complaint a supervisory authority (e.g. the Data Protection Authority within your region or country), should you wish so.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately contact us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information.